Zeroconf lookup hangs on reconnect attempt
If a router goes down, the client (in this case including gdplogd) will attempt to re-connect. If it tries Zeroconf, and if the Zeroconf daemon is running, the second attempt hangs.
1. Make sure avahi-daemon is running.
2. Start gdp_router.
3. Start gdplogd. I suggest using
-D*=34 to get Zeroconf debugging output.
4. Kill gdp_router.
If you compare the Zeroconf debugging output from when you first started gdplogd versus when it tried to reconnect you'll see that the startup function (creatively named "start") is never called.
#1 Updated by Eric Allman almost 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Fixed. The problem was that the Zeroconf code was leaving global state around that confused later calls.
#2 Updated by Eric Allman almost 7 years ago
- Related to Bug #28: gdplogd losing connection to the router. signature write failure: Success added
#3 Updated by Nitesh Mor almost 7 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed